Sunday, April 11, 2010

Back Home! (Fri 4/9)

Stats:

- 2 taxi rides
- 2 flights
- 22 hours door to door
- 2 bags arrived intact (the duct tape held!)

We are back home and it is gooood! We walked into our building and kept saying, "Isn't this clean? Doesn't everything look so clean?"

At the writing of the post, we have completely unpacked, gone through two huge bins of mail, Arn has prepared our taxes, Arn has removed the power supply and ordered a new one for our server that died while we were gone, I have run 6 loads of laundry and put everything away, Arn has drained and refilled the hot-tub, I have washed all the camping supplies and unpacked all the bike gear (all has been stored away), we have picked up our new ottoman for the living room, and we went grocery shopping. Not bad for less than 48 hours! Arn has headed out to go kayaking. My plans for a bike ride in the tulip fields have been crushed. While I survived all the harrowing moments with the traffic while cycling, I did not survive a greasy spot on the floor at Fred Meyers (while grocery shopping). With a glass jar in hand, I had a massive wipe out. To avoid landing on the jar of jam as it smashed, I landed on the back on my hand and smashed the knuckles. So, I am currently without a "breaking hand" to cycle. Figures.

We'd love to hear from you. You now know where to find us!

No comments:

Post a Comment