Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Slow Day in Mendoza (Thurs 3/25)

Stats:
- 1 run for the gringo
- 1 more round of weight lifting for the gringa
- 1 "overdose" on cough syrup

Again, Arn took advantage of the cool temps in the morning and went for a run. I figured my upper body survived the weight lifting, so I returned for a lower body workout. I know this is going to come back to bite me. It has been too many months since I have done squats to not pay for this.  After the weight room, I decided to take advantage of the stairwell. With 20 floors in our building, I figured I could use his as my stairmaster. After my first lap up and back down, my stomach went really south. It happened quickly and I dashed up the stairs to our room. More specifically --- the bathroom.  It wasn't pretty. Now, perhaps what got my goat was the blood sausage from last night.  I don't think so. See, I have continued to hack my head off with this cough and I have been hitting the cough syrup regularly. The bottle indicates that it contains sorbitol, an artifical sweetner. It also indicates that it can cause stomach upset and rapid evacuation of everything in your guts. Okay, that is not the direct translation BUT it is an accurate description of what really happens. It was the sorbitol and not last night's dinner. So, note to self --- take less cough syrup. 

The rest of our day was pretty low key. We have booked ourselves for a hike tomorrow. More on that tomorrow. We are trying to figure out where we go from here and when we leave. The hiking tomorrow will help us decide if there is more hiking we want to do.

We enjoyed dinner in a lovely Italian restaurant. The tables were set up under a huge tent inside of a large garden. The temps were perfect for sitting outside. Arn had pasta with seafood. I had fish. We enjoyed a break from the Malbecs and ordered a white wine. 

Today, I finished the book on brain surgery. If you ever need a brain surgeon, I have a good referral. It is sad, but I have more than one friend that needed this type of help. I have a lot more insight into the battles with brain tumors than I did before. Turns out the blood brain barrier is a really big deal in this war.  So, I have started a new book. It is the Pat Tillman story. He played professional football, enlisted in the service,  served in Afganistan, and was killed. Maybe you have ideas for some "lighter" reading material???   

No comments:

Post a Comment