Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Killing Time (Mon 3/15)

Stats:
- Dessert for breakfast
- 1 load of laundry
- Hours and hours of Internet
- 1 pizza

Well, we became honorary Argentinians at breakfast. We both passed on eggs and enjoyed only sweets for breakfast. In the U.S., these bar, cookies and slices would be called only one thing --- dessert!

Arn took our laundry to the Lavanderia. We will arrive in Buenes Aires with mostly clean clothes. I say mostly because we can't send our only pair of pants to the Lavanderia.  It is too cold to try and get by in shorts for the day. So, I will handwash our pants at some point. 

We spent hours on the Internet. Yes, we are junkies and are getting our online fix. After El Chaltén, it is going to take time to get caught up. Arn has been working on photos and future travel reservations. I've been working on travel research, communications concerning projects in Seattle and generally goofing off. 

Before lunch, we scouted a new place for dinner. More on this after we try it. For lunch, we enjoyed a pizza and huge bottle of Pepsi Light. We prefer Diet Coke, but Pepsi products are sometimes the only option.

Arn spent the afternoon on the Internet. I spent the afternoon watchig a bad movie, but at least it was in English. Dinner was not at the place we scouted, but some where else. Our dinner conversation included a night by night recount of every dinner we have had since we left the U.S.  It was during that I realized I have ordered lamb three out of the last four nights.  I can only draw one conclusion --- I am tired of grilled steaks, my search for something different has led to lamb, and it is time to get to better food choices. More from Buenes Aires.    

No comments:

Post a Comment